Well, I'm back from another tour. We were back and forth between northern Wisconsin and southern Minnesota for 5 days. Had a great time!
Highlights:
-- A visit to the "World's Largest Six-Pack of Beer" at the La Crosse brewery. Bonus: $3.50 for all-you-can-eat brats, and the beer was really good.
-- Stopped at the Mall of America. Bought a phone charger. Didn't ride the roller-coaster. Had a hat embroidered to say "Blueco." You see, the three touring companies at Second City are called Redco, Greenco, and Blueco. I'm with Blue. And the cast all has matching track suits that say "Blueco" on the back that they bought shortly before I came on board. So now I can participate in my own small way :)
-- Had lunch in Taylors Falls. It was their fall festival, and it was just a super cute little town on a gorgeous fall day. The epitome of "Americana."
Lowlight:
-- One of the cast members had her wallet stolen. Second City replaced the money she lost, but it was still an unpleasant morning.
Other things going on:
-- Saw "Garden State" tonight. Really enjoyed it, except for the ending.
-- Bought new shows today (finally!). I've been trying to find time to do that since I got back.
-- Got a library card.
-- Fixed a bunch of stuff around the house today -- mainly doors.
Oh, and the day before I left on the tour we got internet in the house!! So I will try to update this more often, although I wouldn't count on it, if I were you ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
shucks.
sorry i missed you while i was in town. i got your number from wes, & immeiately lost it. i had a good time, but stayed fairly low-profile. for a much too detailed description, feel free to read my journal.
anyway, the interview was positive, & i can hope to hear a decision by the end of next week. just so i am not caught unprepared, i am doing a preliminary apartment search, & getting serious about selling my surbaru. i will be certain to let you know if i am coming to chicago more permanently.
so long!
Why is it you always seem to be buying shoes? Remember buying shoes in London? C
Post a Comment