I just flew in from Virginia, and boy are my arms tired!
And pretty much all the rest of me, too. Just returned about an hour ago from a very long exhausting tour that included stops in Washington, Oregon, Virginia and ended tonight with a show back here in Chicago. All in all we were gone for ten days. For the most part it wasn't too bad, but it was a lot of travelling. If it had just been Washington and Oregon, I think we would have been okay; by the Virginia leg of the trip we were all pretty beat. And little things just kept going wrong! Traffic jams, flight delays, lost keys, etc. The shows went really well, though, and I really enjoyed our time in Seattle. That's a city I could visit again.
While there I picked up a few books -- the one I've started reading (and am almost through) is "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell" by Susanna Clarke. I'm enjoying it, but not loving as much as I had expected to. I also picked up a Steven Brust book that I hadn't even known existed (I just finally read his "To Reign In Hell" last month), and "The Briar King" by Greg Keyes, which is at last out in paperback now that its sequel has been published. Speaking of sequels, I'm rather peeved with George R.R. Martin, whose book "A Feast For Crows" was supposed to be out last November, and has been pushed back four times -- it's now scheduled for December 30! And ditto for Atari games which was supposed to release the updated version of Sid Meier's "Pirates!" in April and has pushed it back to November. Oh, and for those who don't know, Terry Pratchett has a new book out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment