Monday, November 21, 2005

Go go gadget arms!

Man, it sucks being broke when you love gadgets as much as I do! I do get to play with some new ones for the Nutcracker, but they're not everyday kind of toys. I don't have a TiVo yet, nor an iPod. I've been holding off on those because I already have other gear that can basically do the same things (MiniDisc Walkman for playing music, VCR for recording shows), and even the new iPod Video seemed like a tool for separating rich people from their money -- "what are you gonna watch on it?", I thought. But now I know what they're gonna watch on it: TiVo has just announced that starting next year, you'll be able to transfer anything your TiVo has recorded onto your iPod video. Holy cow! TV shows just became as portable as mp3's! And you can program it to sync them automatically for you! The digital revolution just took a huge step forward. Is this a good thing? I barely watch TV because I'm usually not home in prime time -- if I had this I would watch a lot more. Most scientific opinion seems to be that watching more TV is bad for you. But it sure is tempting.....

No comments: