Tuesday, February 06, 2007

And speaking of writers.....

.....sometimes they get screwed! I'm sure we're all aware that the world is not always a fair and pleasant place. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Peter S. Beagle is an author that I'm fond of. He's most famous for having written "The Last Unicorn" and adapting it into an animated movie in the 80's. My personal love for his work comes mostly from "I See By My Outfit," a non-fiction account of him and a friend traveling from New York to San Francisco on motor scooters in the 60's. It's an awesome book, and I highly recommend it.

In the meantime, however, much like our friend RAW, PSB has run into some hard times. Seems that the studio that made the movie of "The Last Unicorn" has screwed him over, as did the people who made the animated version of "The Lord of the Rings," which Peter helped on the screenplay for. You may be aware that the 25th Anniversary DVD of "The Last Unicorn" was released this week. If you are planning to buy it, or any of his books (such as the recently released sequel "Two Hearts"), please buy them directly from the author, so that he can begin to gather the money he needs to pursue his legal battles.

That's all. Peace out!

No comments: