OK, The flats looks like they either rear projected or maybe printed vinyl. From what I know about the space, I don't believe rear projection is possible. So...how'd you do it?
By the way the pics make the show very interesting.
Good eye! They were, in fact, printed on 3M™ Scotchcal™ ElectroCut™ Graphic Film, which is basically giant sheets of vinyl with an adhesive backing much like contact paper. The back wall is 6 slightly overlapping sheets, and each of the front flats is two sheets. We built and installed the flats and then cut the vinyl and applied it in place. It took us about 7 hours to install.
2 comments:
OK, The flats looks like they either rear projected or maybe printed vinyl. From what I know about the space, I don't believe rear projection is possible. So...how'd you do it?
By the way the pics make the show very interesting.
Good eye! They were, in fact, printed on 3M™ Scotchcal™ ElectroCut™ Graphic Film, which is basically giant sheets of vinyl with an adhesive backing much like contact paper. The back wall is 6 slightly overlapping sheets, and each of the front flats is two sheets. We built and installed the flats and then cut the vinyl and applied it in place. It took us about 7 hours to install.
Post a Comment