Thursday, September 01, 2005

Depressed expressed.

Ugh. I'm still feeling the effects of this "cold" (read: generic term for undiagnosed minor illness), which means I'm stuffy, achy, and majorly tired all the time. All of which yields significant crankiness. I tend to be emotional when I'm sick. Somehow that's worse than the sickness itself >: P

So, here is a round-up of depressing headlines from today's news:

-- Gas prices are expected to keep rising.

-- Where did the money go that was supposed to fund New Orleans' new levees? Iraq. (PS, the National Guard units that should have been helping repair the levees were also unavailable... because they are stationed in Iraq.)

-- The poverty rate is up, while the education rate is down.

-- Pollution is running rampant.

-- Oh, and don't even get me started on THIS.

Sigh. I have a new nephew. Is this the world we're bringing our children into? I guess it is. So, to cheer everybody up, here's a picture of the little cutie-pie (I get to meet him for the first time this weekend!):


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To further add your depressed state (you're welcome), check this out. Apparently your skin color differentiates between "finding" and "looting". Geez.
http://static.flickr.com/23/38725768_16c66eb58b.jpg
Sweet pic of your nephew!