Questions that this huge change in my life raises:
-- Will I actually be happier at this job? I've lost count of how many "dream jobs" I've finally landed, only to be bitterly disappointed with the reality. Wait, no I haven't -- there've been five.
-- If you work for a company that has a MySpace profile, are you morally obligated to add it as your friend?
-- Will I survive the changeover? I've promised Columbia that I will stay until they find a replacement, or until ETC goes into the process of writing their next show (currently scheduled to happen in April). But that could mean as much as 3 months of working both jobs! Good for the checkbook, not so good for the sleeping.
-- Will this affect my social life for better or worse? On the one hand, I will be more likely to hang out with my co-workers. On the other hand, I will never be able to go out on a Friday or Saturday night again. On the third hand, I might end up a bitter alcoholic.
-- Will it matter if I end up a bitter alcoholic, as long as I get my name on the big alumni list in the front window of the theater? The day I first see my name up there on the same list with Bill Murray and John Belushi, et al, will be a high point of my life.
-- Can self-promotion serve as a Moment of Zen?

No comments:
Post a Comment