Anyway, I don't have much to say, but there were a few strange stray thoughts I thought I'd jot down:
- I had a date on Sunday! Please don't faint. (She's probably reading this, 'cause it's one of the first things to come up if you Google me, so "Hi, Lisa!") It went really well. We're going out again on Thursday. I'll keep you posted.
- Between the date, and the new job, and the Bears' AMAZING victory on Sunday, I'm feeling fairly lucky these days. Thank goodness I sucked so hard at bowling last night. I was beginning to worry about what kind of payment the karma gods might demand.
- Only a week to go until I can get out of here for Thanksgiving! I can't wait -- I need a vacation!
- I'm re-reading "Infinite Jest" these days -- if you've never read it, it's amazing. Although the ending made me really mad the first time I finished it, it's still totally my kind of book.
- It's time to start getting the Christmas music ready. I just ordered the Aimee Mann Christmas CD that I mentioned here earlier, as well as Sufjan Stevens' new holiday box set (I needed to order both to get the free shipping).
- Ooh, that post a couple of days ago about mentors? It was my 200th post! That doesn't really mean anything, but it's kind of exciting nonetheless.
- Damn... I'm sure there was more I meant to say. I'll update this as I think of it. I must run off to dinner now and then come back to work to watch a student show. Joy.
And now, here it is - your Moment of Zen:
It's not the heat, it's the huge manatee.

1 comment:
What the hell? You had a date on Sunday? How did you manage to not mention that even once during the whole game?!? Granted, it was a hell of a game, but come on!
Post a Comment