Quick hits:
It's almost not news anymore when Pat Robertson says something unbelievably offensive, but I thought maybe you'd like to know that he did it again.
Wow, look! The President has actually set a timeline for withdrawing from Iraq! It must just be a coincidence that he did it two days before essentially announcing plans to invade Iran.
Of all people, Rupert Murdoch has entered the debate about the future of the internet, and come down on the side of the little guy! Is he just pandering, do you think?
This seems like good news: scientists in Japan say they can get stem cells from menstrual blood. There's probably a joke in there about "natural resources," but things could get quite gross quite quickly, so I'll restrain myself. I have another story from several years ago about a drug company in Italy getting hormones from menstrual fluid, but I can't find a link for it yet.
And lastly, I just want to say to everyone out there who's in a creative profession: if a critic doesn't like your art, or if you don't win a particular award, I understand that it's upsetting. I do. But SHUT UP ABOUT IT! Actors have to learn to live with rejection very early in their careers, but somehow directors and producers and even writers don't seem to get it. They seem to think that if they write a letter to the editor of the paper that published the article, or if they start bad mouthing the critic on their DVD commentary track, or if they write an editorial accusing the awards body of being out-of-touch, that it will change people's minds. Let me be the first to say it: It does not. What it does is make people think you are a whiny little bitch. So from now on, just take it like a man and walk away. 'Cause no one likes a poor sport.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ya gotta love 'em . . . Bush, Robertson and the rest. Can I call them a bunch of assholes, please. meanwhile I better get to a TV or a newspaper and catch up on more of my processed facts. oh boy.
Post a Comment